Once financial intelligence data is loaded into a data structure appropriate for analysis and the automated party consolidation/summarisation process has completed, automated monitoring is applied. Automated monitoring is applied at many logical levels including:
- Report Level
- Reported Party Level,
- Consolidated Party Level,
- Network (linked Consolidated Parties) Level,
- Regulated Entity Level,
- Correspondent Country Level,
- Reporter Cohort Level,
- Reporter State Level,
The automated monitoring process identifies reports, parties, networks and patterns based on configured rules and profiles (e.g. names on a watchlist or known profiles of activity) as well as anomalous activity.
Depending on the type, severity and purpose of the monitoring system trigger, hits generated may:
- Create a workflow item for triage by the Financial Intelligence agency.
- Send a notification to a Regulated Entity, government partner or FIU analyst.
- Record the hit against the report, party or network for further analysis at a later point.